Switchmate 3.3.0 APK for Android
Updated: July 27, 2018
Switchmate (com.switchmatehome.switchmateapp): The Switchmate app allows you to interact with our full suite of Switchmate Devices! Connect, Configure & Control Switchmate, SWMbright/Slim, SWMpower, Zip, Cube Camera, and our future devices all in one place. Setup, toggling, setting preferences like timers and Welcome Home, and ... Read More > or Download APK >
More about Switchmate
Switchmate Description: The Switchmate app allows you to interact with our full suite of Switchmate Devices!
Connect, Configure & Control Switchmate, SWMbright/Slim, SWMpower, Zip, Cube Camera, and our future devices all in one place. Setup, toggling, setting preferences like timers and Welcome Home, and more!
We are currently hard at work on a MAJOR ground-up rebuild (v4.0) and would love to hear your feedback, we're listening!
Support/Need Help? [email protected]
Feedback/Suggestions? [email protected]
- Control your existing switches or power ports
- Timers: automatically turn your switches or plugs on/off at preset times
- Welcome Home: automatically turn on switches or plugs of your choosing when you get home
- View, Record, and Manage your Cube IP Camera
- Remote Control from anywhere with a Bridge Device (Power or Zip)
- Full Alexa Integration: "SimplySmart Home by Switchmate" Skill (Requires Power or Zip bridge) "Alexa, turn on my porch light"
- Full Google Home, Home Control Integration: "SimplySmart Home by Switchmate" Action under GH Home Control (Requires Power or Zip bridge) "Hey Google, turn on my living room fan"
- Limited Google Home, Explore/Conversation Integration: "Switchmate" Conversational Agent under GH Explore - Separate from our primary GH integration above we offer limited GH functionality for users without a bridge device! "Hey Google, talk to Switchmate"
- Updates: get over the air firmware updates for your Switchmate device(s) to make sure you have the latest/greatest
- Voice Control: Use the mic icon in the app to control your lights with your voice, see below for more details!
Some of the Features we're working on:
- Widgets: Add them to your Home Screen so you don't have to open the app to toggle switches or use voice commands!
- Grouping: Create & control groups of devices together.
- Android Wear: Because who doesn't want to use their watch to do all this?
- API & Tasker/IFTTT Plugins: Per your requests, we're still in the early planning stages on this one but we're working on it!
Voice Control Feature:
You can click the Microphone icon in the app and simply say your command - voice activation tries to first match by the switch name that shows in your list of devices (and you can change under Device Settings), but if it can't find that it will try to match to the location you selected when you first setup your Switchmate(s). And you can even use "all" to control all switches within range! Here are some examples:
"Turn Kenny's Room light off"
"Turn on my living room lights"
"Turn all my lights off"
- Location Permissions are unfortunately required for BLE by Android - we're huge on privacy and unfortunately there is no way around not requiring Location to be enabled on Android because we cannot scan for BLE devices without it, and that is why the app will not function without it. Beyond that we do use location data only when Welcome Home is enabled so we can tell you're nearing home in order to optimize battery (so we're not looking for Switchmates all the time!). This data is often cached from other apps and we simply grab that data so in most cases we aren't making new location checks - and that data is NEVER transmitted off your phone/to us at all.
- Background Service & Waking your device permissions are also used for Welcome Home so we can ping your Switchmate to let it know you're home without the app needing to be open.
- Internet permissions are used for checking for firmware updates & sending us crash reports (via Google Crashlytics)
- Bluetooth & WiFi permissions are required for communicating with your Switchmate devices.
- Switchmate Device(s) of course!
- Android 4.4.4+ is required so we can use Bluetooth Low Energy in order to save a lot of battery!
Switchmate devices are currently only sold in the US and Canada
What's New in Switchmate 3.3.0 >
- Pairing Fixes/Improvements
- MAJOR Timer Rework Enabled Timers? Please check and re-save your Timer settings
- NEW Alexa & Google Home Update
- If you have a Switchmate Power/Zip, see our brand new skills! You can find 'SimplySmart Home by Switchmate' on Alexa & Google's Home Control. If you used our prior skills we suggest you unlink & link to the new ones. For previous GH users if you do not have a Power/Zip device you should continue to use the Explore Assistant 'Switchmate' action.
Switchmate Specifications & Downloads >